Tuesday 6 April 2010

Cheating



Cheating is a nice little topic, not nice as in a little rabbit wiping its face on some grass, I mean nice as in most people will have something to remember when I say my usual contemplative question at the end of the post, or just leave you hanging like a complete douche. What can I say I’m an arse.

When there is a problem that you either cannot get past, or you just can’t be bothered to try because your mate is round or the girl you invited over has reminded you that you have no idea about, for example, cooking you may get the feeling that perhaps you could take the easy way out. No I don’t mean suicide that would be silly, you wouldn’t even be cheating death, I mean cheat, in the case of the kitchen, frozen microwave meals. When it’s games, it would be the use of cheat codes for extra lives and such.

Now I’m not going to talk about cheating in the form of infidelity as I don’t particularly want to repeat myself seeing as only a few posts ago I did about infidelity, if you are truly interested just do bit of backtracking, you’ll find it.

Now the moral ground for cheating is shaky at best as many people believe that you should never cheat in life, in anything. This is understandable as cheating does diminish the feeling of winning or accomplishment from most things in life and doesn’t give you the same satisfaction when you rub it in someone’s face.

On the other hand many people look at this in a completely different light. With many people not feeling any remorse when lying and cheating their way through life, they feel they should be able to cheat at the odd thing so as to ‘level the battlefield’. This isn’t exactly a very good view in my mind however as this would eventually lead to a world of liars, the complete opposite of The Invention of Lying (wow how terrible would that film be).

When it comes to education however I truly see no reason to cheat. If you do decide to cheat in an exam, not only will you never forget it but you will know for the rest of your life that you didn’t deserve the qualification. This gets to be very problematic for cheating computer engineers as perhaps the part they cheat on could come up during work and then, well, excrement would hit the fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment