Thursday 1 April 2010

Bad Film



Well a very interesting lecture appeared out of what was a very simple lecture plan. We were to watch a film and find out a little about why and how a film portrays the feel and look of bad person. Or at least that’s how I went into the lecture.
My general feeling of a viewing that would be suitable for the class was of something far more tame than the semi aptly named film ‘Kids’. I should have expected that the film was to be quite offensive in some way after the lecturer actually told us that the film would be offensive from the get go.

The film focuses on the lives of a group of teenagers, one of them finds out he has AIDS, he finds out he gave it to a girl he had sex with a while ago, shit then proceeds to get real until it finally ends with a huge blow out of a house party that ends the film with a rape between two of the main teenage characters. The film then ends with a vocalisation of one of the main characters aims in life, which summed up is that he would rather die than not have sex.

Now moral of the story is very simple, USE A CONDOM, oh and also don’t get AIDS. Though that should be sort of obvious as no-one would want that.

Next on the agenda for this post is what I thought about the film. Now I can sum up my feeling of the film very easily as my feelings didn’t change very much until the end. Now I constantly felt a feeling of unease all the way through, be it from the awkward kissing scenes or the very annoying ‘gangster’ like actions of the main characters.

http://www.badmovies.org/movies/

With reference to the link above which features an A to Z that has a list of all sorts of different bad films, not of people doing bad things, the films are just terrible.

These were what I was expecting from the lecture and though I was shocked I was definitely pleasantly surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment