Tuesday 4 May 2010

Questionnaire from Wolf - Au Revoir Mon Amis



Well I guess this will be my last post everyone before this Blog gets archived on 6th May 2010. In any case I am happy that I got 26 Blog entries done and 10 Comments on many of your amazing blog entries. Thank you everyone for being great module mates and for making me laugh at awkward times when reading your blogs in public, making me look like a complete psycho. Have a great Summer.

Name: Christopher William Dunning

Age: 18

Sex: Male

What is your degree subject (both if joint): Creative and Professional Writing with Film Studies

Does ‘Being Bad’ relate well to the other modules you are taking: It helped to hone my writing through the blog and has also made me think about starting one not to do with a module which shall help later in my university life.

Have you found ‘Being Bad’ too demanding, too easy, or at an appropriate level: The questions we were given seemed to not allow much leverage which was a shame and the structured sentence start or the title made it difficult to be creative. However the blog was good as this made me keep my time well.

Do you think the list of topics covered on the module was appropriate: I think the topics were very appropriate and I enjoyed basically every one of them.

Are there any topics not included in the module that you would like to see included: Booze Britain should be included in the module if it is run again as this was a good topic and relates to us all.

Do you think that the format for classes has worked well: The format for the class worked as well as it could with over 100 students at the start of the module.

What did you think of the module team: The module team was excellent, however the guy who came to speak about Tattooing was certainly the best and most motivated.

Do you think it would have been better to have had more: Not particularly, more isn’t always best.

Small group discussions: Definitely would be a good idea if the module is run again.

Discussion and debate among the class as a whole: These were amusing, especially with some of the already present relationships between students in the room.
Information and talk from lecturers: These were fine, keep as is and people will still enjoy them.

The approach taken in the module is interdisciplinary (drawing on perspectives from English Literature, Film Studies, Creative Writing, Philosophy, Media Studies and Politics): do you think this a useful way of approaching the topics covered in the module: Yes, it made it so that no-one felt left out and I believe I got the most knowledge out of the module because of this.

Do you think that interdisciplinary modules are a good idea: Yes this helps to stop extra duplicate modules from appearing and using up space and resources.

Do you think you have benefited from the interdisciplinary approach taken in the module: I think I have as I have learned a lot from Philosophy students especially and some other interesting facts from those who do Literature.

Would you like to see more modules that cover this kind of subject matter: Yes I would, a little bit of controversy never hurt anyone.

Are you planning to take the follow-up module PH2004 ‘It Shouldn’t Be Allowed’ at level 2: That sounds interesting, I haven’t seen any modules for next semester yet, but I definitely like the sound of it after Being Bad was so good.

Would you recommend ‘Being Bad’ to a friend: I already have.

Do you think that the blogs (web logs) were a good idea: Certainly, I felt this was one of the best parts of the module.

What did you think of the other assessments (e.g. would it be better to have one longer assessment rather than two shorter ones?): Perhaps, I liked having two smaller assignments at different times, however if the subject was broader and the students were given free rein on either an essay or creative piece it would still be an enjoyable piece.

What have you learned from the module: That some people have far too low tolerances and a lot of random information about LSD, I would say the module was a success.

What parts of the module have you found most useful and why: Tattooing and Drugs, there was a lot of interesting facts in these modules.

What parts do you think were a waste of time and why: I can’t remember any that were a waste of time to be honest.

Are there any other comments you wish to make regarding ‘Being Bad’: Not particularly, the module was great and I enjoyed myself through the whole module, it was also nice to have my long Thursday calmed down with the relaxed atmosphere of Being Bad.

Thank you for a great semester and hope that you have a great Summer Mark and everyone else on the Being Bad Staff and all those of you who helped me hav an enjoyable semester.

Chris Dunning – Being Bad Man 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment